The California Health Information Association (CHIA) is the Component State Association (CSA) of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Membership eligibility with CHIA is contingent upon your membership status with AHIMA and choosing California as your CSA. CHIA is committed to your success and offers a variety of excellent learning opportunities, membership benefits, and other resources specifically tailored to enhance your professional development.
As a renewing member of AHIMA, CHIA will continue to support you with these complimentary member benefits:
- Subscription to the digital edition of the bi-monthly CHIA Journal
- CHIA Communications (event flyers, email bulletins, industry news, and more)
- Assignment to a CLA region, based on the county in which you reside, providing you with local networking and educational offerings
- Automatic access to your User Profile on CHIA’s Website (using your preferred email and password)
- Access to CHIA’s Job Board
Why Join CHIA?
CHIA’s annual membership dues renewal coincides with your AHIMA membership anniversary date. As a renewing member of AHIMA, California offers a unique regulatory and geographically diverse landscape for HIM professionals.
To ensure funding of CHIA’s valuable member resources, an annual dues assessment is requested.
CHIA dues paying members will enjoy these enhanced membership benefits:
- Subscription to the hard-copy and digital editions of the CHIA Journal
- Valuable discounts on CHIA educational offerings, products and services
- A portion of your CHIA dues directly supports your Component Local Association (CLA).
- Join a talented pool of outstanding volunteers and hold a CHIA/CLA Office, vote and/or serve on a CHIA/CLA committee, or join a CHIA/CLA task force.
- Professional engagement, knowledge sharing, networking opportunities, and advocacy
- Authoritative information on critical topics such as privacy and security, coding, electronic health records, health information exchange, release of protected health information, reimbursement, compliance, new legislation, and more
- Eligibility to apply for CHIA scholarship programs
Join/Renew CHIA Membership
Update Your CHIA Profile
Check out CHIA’s Volunteer Opportunities
Join a CHIA Committee and Task Force
Donate to/Apply for a CHIA Scholarship
CHIA Recognition Awards