The California Health Information Association (CHIA) is the Component State Association (CSA) of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Membership eligibility with CHIA is contingent upon your membership status with AHIMA and choosing California as your CSA. CHIA’s annual membership dues coincides with your AHIMA membership type and anniversary date.
Why Join CHIA?
California offers a unique regulartory and geographically diverse landscape for HIM professionals. CHIA is committed to your success and offers a variety of excellent learning opportunities, membership benefits, and other resources specifically tailored to enhance your professional development.
- Subscription to the hard-copy and digital editions of the CHIA Journal
- Valuable discounts on CHIA educational offerings, products and services
- Assignment to a Component Local Association (CLA) based on the county in which you reside, providing you with local networking and educational offerings. A portion of your paid CHIA dues directly supports your CLA.
- Join a talented pool of outstanding volunteers and hold a CHIA/CLA Office, vote and/or serve on a CHIA/CLA committee, or join a CHIA/CLA task force.
- CHIA advocacy with state and national organizations and with our California legislature
- Authoritative information on critical topics such as privacy and security, coding, electronic health records, health information exchange, release of protected health information, reimbursement, compliance, new legislation, and more
- CHIA communications (event flyers, email bulletins, industry news and more)
- Eligibility to apply for CHIA scholarship programs
Update My Profile
Join/Renew CHIA Membership
Committees and Task Forces
CHIA Recognition Awards