Beginning January 1, 2013, the CCS and CCS-P exam eligibility will be expanded. Eligibility is established by meeting one of the following eligibility requirements:
- By credential - RHIA, RHIT, or CCS/CCS-P
- By education - Completion of a coding training program that includes anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate/advanced ICD diagnostic/procedural and CPT coding
- By experience - Minimum of two years of related coding experience directly applying codes
- By credential - CCA plus one year of coding experience directly applying codes
- Other - Coding credential from other certifying organization plus one year coding experience directly applying codes.
For more details, click here.
For questions regarding the CCA, CCS, or CCS-P changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.