The Exam Fee Reimbursement Program provides $100 (as partial reimbursement of their RHIT or RHIA exam fee) to CHIA members who meet the eligibility requirements and selection process described below. Funding for the Exam Fee Reimbursement Program is made possible through donations to the CHIA scholarship fund.
The purpose of the Exam Fee Reimbursement Program is to support AHIMA and CHIA goals:
- Promote the importance of the HIM professional credentials
- Strengthen our Association by growing CHIA membership
- Promote the value of membership
- Identify and engage future volunteer leaders of CHIA
Eligible applicants will:
- Be a member in good standing of AHIMA and CHIA at the time of their application and at the time of the semi-annual recipient selection process.
- Pass the RHIA or RHIT credentialing exam within six months of graduation from a CAHIIM accredited health information administration (HIA) or health information technology (HIT) program. Graduates from California-based and out-of-state programs are eligible.
- Submit the completed Exam Fee Reimbursement Application within three months of passing the exam.
- Include with the completed application 1) documentation of the date the exam was successfully passed and 2) Transcript showing the date of graduation from a CAHIIM accredited HIA or HIT program.
Selection and Notification Process
Twice a year, once in September and once in March, CHIA will select the recipients of the $100 exam fee reimbursement from among those applications received in the prior semi-annual period. The selection will be via a blind draw and up to ten recipients will be selected at each of two semi-annual draw periods. In September, the selection will be among the applications received March through August. In March, the selection will be among the applications received September through February.
After each draw, CHIA will notify each applicant if he/she was selected to receive the exam fee partial reimbursement.
An individual may submit an application only one time. If he/she is not selected during the selection for the semi-annual period in which their application for reimbursement was received, they are not eligible to resubmit the application and/or qualify for the blind draw in a subsequent semi-annual period.