CHIA is committed to helping members complete their educational goals and enable them to successfully embark on their health information management (HIM) career path.
CHIA Scholarships provide financial assistance to:
- CHIA Student Members who are enrolled in accredited Health Information Administration or Health Information Technology programs
- CHIA Active members who are enrolled in HIA or HIT or Masters Degree program in HIM from a CAHIIM-accredited program pursuing a specialty credential or a higher HIM credential than they currently hold. (e.g. CCS or CCS-P pursuing RHIT or RHIA; RHIT pursuing RHIA; or pursuing a Masters Degree in HIM)
Eligible scholarship applicants:
- Hold CHIA Student Member or Active Member status at the time of the application
- Have selected California as their Component State Association (CSA) within their AHIMA membership
- Must be enrolled in a CAHIIM-accredited HIA or HIT program or Masters Degree program in HIM and have completed a minimum of 50% of that curriculum
- Must not have received a CHIA scholarship at any time previously
Student scholarships are funded by generous donations to the CHIA Scholarship Fund from CHIA members and CHIA vendor partners. The total amount of scholarship funds awarded from the CHIA Scholarship fund annually is determined by the CHIA Board of Directors. Additional scholarships are funded by CHIA vendor partners. Vendor partners may sponsor specific scholarships or may make donations directly to the student scholarship fund.
CHIA Scholarship applications must be submitted by March 1st.
CHIA Scholarship application deadline extended to Tuesday, March 10, 2015.
Eligibility requirements and instructions are on the Scholarship Application form.